Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TAGged








We went to Lou's during Christmas break. It was the BEST. She is a fabulous artist as you can see by this painting. Sorry Lou, I had to post it! Not REally sorry, but kinda. ANYways, Lou mentioned that she has always wanted to "tag" something. I know.... my rebel friends.... of course this piqued Katie's interest to no end. Lou decided that if we were to become "taggers" and not just property destroyers we must practice. Lou had all the kids draw a sketch of what we wanted to put up on the WALL. (Floyd interest?...., i know, bad pun!) so.... then we went to the local hardware store and she let each of the kids pick out a can of spray paint. The poor store clerk had to think Lou and I were mad! 6 kids and respective cans of paint? We got home and proceeded to tag our art onto the side of Lou's house. Oh, did I mention that Lou is in the process of re-painting the exterior of her home? I guess that tidbit kinda changes perspective a bit. It was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerrie...just had to leave a comment. I LOVED this post. Each time we've painted a room in our house, I've let the kids paint whatever messages they wanted all over the walls first. I didn't realize I was letting them tag! Then we paint over it, and the messages are sealed forever.

    ReplyDelete