Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SUperbowl SUNday!




I have so much fun with T. We invited a couple of families over for Superbowl and then it turned into a couple more and T was really stressing that we would not have enough room for everyone. What he failed to plan for was that a lot of us were not interested in the game except for the last 10minutes, so we didn't have to all be in one room at the same time. It was really fun. I can't tell you how much it means to me to have all these people help me divert my attention away from the fact that I have not been able to get Katie or Adam to pick up the phone and talk to me since Christmas. I miss them so much but these great people help. I have not talked at all about T and his kids. He aches daily for them, but has started to build a wall around his heart so that their refusal to even speak with him won't completely destroy him. I don't know how he has done it for so long. Unfortunately I am beginning to see. He has taken on all the lies and deceit without protesting any of it. I would be screaming and trying to explain all the twists of the truth. He is patient and kind and holds no animosity. He says that his children have their own free agency and when they are ready they will come home. I am going crazy and it has only been one month that my children have not talked to me. I cannot begin to explain this situation, and I am living it. But wait... this was supposed to be a Superbowl post. ???!?!? what rambling... so this is who came.... The Platt's (justin, megan, michelle, eli, parker, emmie) The Jarrett's (matt, jen, jack) The Dunn's (Paul, Jenna) The Dunn's (stan & sabrina & andrea by phone!) The Dunn's (brad & cindy) Lynette Kidman, Dan. The girls all talked in the kitchen around the food, and the boys were all boring in the family room watching the game. It was a great last 10 minutes. Though everyone was sad that the Cardinals lost, I was secretly overjoyed! Go Steelers... this one is for you Scott!!! (see ScottWKennedy.blogspot.com)

3 comments:

  1. Karrie You are a great person and your kids know that like T said they will come around. For now I don't mind keeping you happy.I love ya'

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A STEELERS fan in Arizona. we will have no such thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bummer that we missed it. But THANK YOU sooo much for the food you brought over!! (BOTH days!!!) You guys are amazing and I am blessed to have you as friends!!!
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete